Thursday 20 June 2013

HURRY UP PLEASE IT'S TIME

I've never tried addictive narcotics. Boring, I know. 

But at the moment I kind of feel like a cold-turkey withdrawal-symptom feeling person being genially taunted. 

Which is why I'm glad I put some money into the Glitch soundtrack. 

I miss Glitch. I know I'm not alone in this - the Facebook group is comforting, in that way - and we have, apparently, just passed the six-month 'anniversary' of the decommissioning of that exotic online experience. 

When along come updates from the soundtrack, which kind of bring it all back in one handy-dandy sledgehammer between the eyes, except that it's a sledgehammer between the eyes that makes me smile. 

To adopt the Julius Caesar model of public address; I come to bury Glitch, not to praise it. 

This is not because praise is unwarranted, or unnecessary, or unneeded, because it would be all of those things. Better minds than mine eloquently express their grief about it regularly. And although Glitch was a singular experience - even if it was absolutely preposterous - it doesn't need any more praise, because the giants alone know I've already done my purple-prose emotional outburst on this blog alone back from the end of days. 

But when I say 'bury', I should clarify; all I mean is that I think it's a shame to have this blog title registered and not to be using it, so I'm going to be writing about videah gamez here for a while. 

And every now and then, I think, I'll talk about Glitch, too, because, as they say, what is not forgotten is never truly lost, don'tcha know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment